Benefits of Citrulline Include:
- Increases Nitric Oxide Production*
- Improves Muscle Performance and Recovery*
- Increases ATP and Phosphocreatine Recovery*
- Enhances Pumps & Improves Nutrient Delivery*
- Rids the Body of Fatigue-Causing Metabolic Waste Products*
Banish Fatigue: Longer workouts, reduced soreness, faster recovery*
Citrulline is an amino acid that’s produced by the body to help with waste disposal and clearing the body of the toxic by-products of exercise like ammonia.
When excess levels of citrulline are present in the bloodstream (through supplementation), it signals your body to go into waste removal overdrive – increasing your body’s natural toxin-removal process through 100% natural means.3,5 Taken as a pre- or intra-workout supplement, citrulline has been show in numerous studies to drastically improve endurance and boost recover efforts.3,5
~50% More Reps*
A Spanish study in 2010 even found that participants using citrulline were able to achieve 50% more bench presses reps when working to muscle failure then their counterparts who didn’t.4 Even after doing more reps than their competitors, weight lifters who used citrulline reported less soreness and stiffness following their workouts.4
Vascularity, Pump, and Increased Nutrient Delivery
Citrulline is also a by-product of nitric oxide production – a vasodilator that increases circulation and blood flow. When elevated levels of citrulline are available in your bloodstream, your body immediately starts making more arginine available for nitric oxide production.1,2
With increased NO (nitric oxide) levels, you’ll not only feel a better pump and look more vascular, but your muscles will receive more nutrients and oxygen – allowing them to grow and recover at heightened speeds.
In short, citrulline clears your body and muscles of toxins while leading to the conditions that could spur quick muscle growth, faster recovery, and increased strength.*5
Stop Flushing Your Money Down the Drain
NutraKey has developed a citrulline formula that’s been micronized for better absorption and uptake by your body. Unlike some other supplements that essentially pass through your body unchanged, NutraKey’s formula means that each serving will provide greater amount of bioavailable citrulline for your body to consume – reducing fatigue and improving recovery in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.*
- Wijnands KA, Vink H, Briedé JJ, van Faassen EE, Lamers WH, Buurman WA, Poeze M. Citrulline a more suitable substrate than arginine to restore NO production and the microcirculation during endotoxemia. PLoS One. 2012;7(5):e37439. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0000000000000332.
- Masahiko Morita, Toshio Hayashi, Masayuki Ochiai, Morihiko Maeda, Tomoe Yamaguchi, Koichiro Ina, MasafumiKuzuya, Oral supplementation with a combination of l-citrulline and l-arginine rapidly increases plasma l-arginine concentration and enhances NO bioavailability, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Volume 454, Issue 1, 7 November 2014, Pages 53-57, ISSN 0006-291X, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2014.10.029.