Can’t Find Your Whey?Aug 22, 2018
Post-soccer snacks for your kid’s team is enough work.
Deciding what to mix into your on-the-go protein shake before you load up the car – not happening.
Luckily, not everything in life has to require so much energy!
Relax, grab a cup of coffee and take a couple minutes to see how easy it is to decide on the protein powder that should be in your pantry (and your Tumbler).
First things, first. Why is it important?
Unless your schedule is clear to eat all day long, you probably need some help meeting a healthy protein quota.
Fact is, it’s vital! Proteins are the infrastructure of your body. Not only do they help with maintenance from head to toe, they:
- Boost your immune system
- Preserve muscle tone while blasting fat
- Encourage better metabolism
- Level out blood sugar
- Repair and restore muscles after a workout
- Keep your organs hearty (skin included!)
Convinced yet? We thought so!
Let’s narrow the choices to the two most popular types of protein powders:
- Vegan or vegetarian
- Lactose intolerant
If YES . . .
PLANT-BASED protein may be your answer! Choose a powder with superfoods such as quinoa, spirulina, amaranth, peas or hemp to experience these added benefits:
- Omega 3’s (hemp seed)
- Rich antioxidants, which reduce inflammation caused by exercise
- Reduced stress and increase bone protection from alkaline-forming greens
If NO . . .
WHEY protein is an excellent choice for:
- The protein-supplement beginner
- Meal replacement
- Easy digestion
Keep in mind . . .
- Be aware of sugars, dyes, artificial flavorings, fillers, and hormones. Your protein should be clean and nothing but beneficial!
- Not all plant-based proteins are hypoallergenic. Be certain to choose a gluten or soy free option, if either are problematic for you.
- Protein needs to be utilized. Don’t just consume, work out!