Easy Ways to Make Your Protein Shake Milkless. No Whey!?Aug 22, 2018
No Whey? No Problem
You wake up every morning, dragging your feet to eat healthy because you are exiled to a world of bland flavor and lifeless protein shakes. BUT protein shake FREEDOM is closer than you think. And YES, it’s possible to do milkless.
Lactose intolerant? Vegan? Purged your fridge of milk products?
FEAR NOT! There is now no need for shake envy. We have all the things to create delicious vegan protein shakes.
Shake Boredom can be avoided. I repeat, boring shakes can be a thing of the past in your diet. And we have a few tips that will help!
THE PERFECT FORMULA:
- One scoop of the most essential ingredient – a vegan plant-based protein powder. Important: make sure to choose a brand that contains all the essential amino acids to make up a complete protein!
- 2 cups of a moo-less drink – Our favorite choice is a low-sugar almond milk. It creates ultra-smoothieness. You can also try cashew milk, a low-sugar fruit juice, iced green tea, coconut water or even plain ol’ water will do the trick!
2 cups of berrylicious – metabolism boosting combos include banana/mango/raspberry or avocado/blueberry/strawberry. Keep a stash of your favorite fruits in the freezer for easy access (never throw out fresh fruit again – freeze before it turns.)
BONUS: Hungry for more metabolism hacks? Check out our recent blog highlighting super simple ways to boost your metabolism!
- 1 cup of ol’ Popeye pride – Even if you are using a plant-based protein powder, it never hurts to throw in some extra greens! We suggest fresh or frozen spinach. “Strong to the finish!”
- 1 cup of Ice, Ice Baby! – Seriously…“if there was a problem, yo I’ll solve it.” When in doubt add ice and…more ice. It is a lifesaver that will always balance out your shake so it isn’t globby.
- A lil something extra Turn “blahhhhh” into “YAAAAAAA!!” with spoonfuls of raw hemp flakes, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, cinnamon and cocoa powder.
For some, protein shakes are glorified health snacks (for those of us who have graduated from carrots and ranch dip.) For others, they are the satisfying breakfast for that long morning commute. And for you gym goers, they are liquid fuel for your hard-earned muscles. Whatever the case, personalize your smoothie and drink up!
The post Easy Ways to Make Your Protein Shake Milkless. No Whey!? appeared first on NutraKey Health Performance.