Ginger Noodle Miso SoupAug 22, 2018
Tired of take out always messing up your order and adding unnecessary preservatives and sodium to your meal?
Too much salt, too little vegetables!
Well here is a very healthy and low sodium recipe for a Japanese favorite!
2 spring onions
2 tbs fresh ground ginger
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbs sunflower oil (or vegetable oil)
3 tbs low sodium soy sauce
2 liters of water (approx. 8 cups)
1 tbs miso
1 cube low sodium vegetable bullion (or any flavor of choice)
soba or rice noodles
Add your choice of vegetables! Our suggestions are asparagus, kale, carrots, leeks, and bok choy!
- Slice spring onions and garlic into thin slices.
- Add the white part of the onions and oils to a large pot and let it heat up on medium-high heat.
- Sauté for a few minutes and add the garlic. Continue to sauté.
- Add soysauce and then water.
- Add miso and bouillon. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- In another pot cook noodles of choice according to the recipe on the package and drain.
- Add noodles to a bowl and pour broth on top. Top with the green ends of the spring onions.
- You can also add any meat of your liking to the top.
Serves 4-6 People