Gluten Free Soft Tacos with Mango Pineapple SalsaAug 22, 2018
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Today we’re celebrating with some homemade gluten free tacos! Turn up!
1 cup corn flour
2/3 cup warm water (not hot!)
dash of salt
2/3 cup diced mango
2/3 cup diced pineapple
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
1 tsp red pepper flakes (add more to taste)
1 squeeze of lime juice
1/2 of an onion, diced (optional)
Meat of Choice (fish is a light option)
Pressing the tortillas
- Line a cookie sheet with plastic wrap and preheat a skillet (or griddle) over medium heat.
- Combine the cornflour and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in the the water gradually until a soft dough is formed. Adding too much water at once will make a runny dough. You should be able to squeeze the dough with your hands and make a ball and it should not stick.
- Make about 8 dough balls the size of golf balls.
- Once the skillet is ready (splash water to see if it sizzles; if it pops it’s too hot), begin pressing the balls into circles on the lined cookie sheet. Just place some plastic on top and press down either with your hands or a flat plate.
- Cook for one minute on one side and 30-60 seconds on the other side.
- Keep tortillas in a clean, warm cloth to absorb the moisture.
Preparing the salsa
- You can choose to grill the pineapple and mango for a couple of seconds for a boost of flavor and warmth however, it’s just as good cold.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
Making it a taco
- You know what to do! Add your meat on top of the tortilla and top with the salsa!
- Enjoy! Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Don’t forget your margaritas!