The Ultimate Protein Cheat SheetAug 22, 2018
Protein Powder is for Everyone
Maybe you’ve never bought protein powder before, or you’ve used protein all your life? Or you think, ‘protein isn’t for me, because I don’t have a gym membership.
It’s safe to say that many people find the world of protein-based supplements intimidating and confusing. The reality is protein supplements aren’t just for bodybuilders. Once you know the basics, finding the right protein can be a straightforward process and easy to add to a healthy lifestyle.
This Cheat Sheet will give you the answers you need to to make the right decisions between two of the most popular forms of protein supplements. Get ready to take the next step in your fitness journey!
What is so great about protein?!
The ugly truth is most people don’t consume enough protein every day. Protein is crucial for a balanced life. Here are some quick reasons to up your protein intake pronto:
- Proteins are the primary building blocks for your body. They are used to build and maintain every part of you. Protein goes far beyond muscles to give you healthy skin, hair and organs!
- When it comes to bigger, stronger and more defined muscles — protein is the key. Whether you’re looking to bulk up or cut muscle, protein replenishes and refuels your muscles.
- Protein is every dieter’s best friend because it reduces cravings while boosting your metabolism. A protein-rich diet helps with weight loss more than you know!
- Research suggests that protein malnutrition can lead to a weakened immune system. By saying hello to protein, you could be saying goodbye to the common cold.
So which protein powder is right for me?
Protein comes in many shapes and forms. Each has their pros and cons. It’s not really intended to be ‘one size fits all’, so it is important to choose the protein that is right for you.
Below is a helpful overview of two common types of protein powder to help you get started:
- The most popular form of protein — great place to start if you’re a beginner
- Proven to aid in fat loss and building muscle tone
- Great right before or after your workouts to replenish your muscles
- Usually tastes good and helps curb your appetite
Caution: Whey protein is derived from milk so this may not be ideal if you are lactose intolerant. Unfortunately, not all proteins are made equal. Many companies fill their protein powders with sugar, food dyes and harmful fillers. SO DO YOUR RESEARCH.
Best For: If you’re new to supplements or exercise this is probably the one for you. Great for fueling your muscles before and after working out, this is a great choice for anyone active on a regular basis. A low calorie option that will help to curb your appetites.
- Contains 23g of protein in every scoop
- Designed for optimum sustained absorption
- Low in carbs, saturated fat, and lactose
- Cold processed and micro-filtered for protein integrity
- Supports lean muscle and fat burning
- Amazing flavors like Chocolate Lava Cake
- Naturally low in calories, low in fat and low in cholesterol
- Hypoallergenic protein suitable for most people’s diets
- Usually contains vital nutrients such as calcium and iron
- Did we mention it’s plant-based? AND usually soy free…
Caution: Not all plant-based proteins provide you with all the amino acids your body needs to create a complete protein. Look for plant superfoods such as quinoa, spirulina and amaranth to ensure your protein powder makes up a complete protein.
Best for: Vegans and people with milk allergies or those with gastrointestinal issues who find it hard to get their daily intake of protein through meats or dairy.
- Contains 23g of protein in every scoop
- Healthy addition to any diet
- Perfect blend of quinoa, amaranth, spirulina, artichoke, brown rice and pea protein
- Contains all 8 essential amino acids your body needs
- Hypoallergenic and easy to digest
- Amazing flavors like MOCHACCINO
Exactly how much protein should I be consuming?
Below is a cheat sheet to show you exactly how much protein you should be consuming every day:
Now you have the knowledge to choose the right protein for your lifestyle.
ARE YOU READY to take the next step?
Remember that protein powder is an excellent supplement for any lifestyle. There is a perfect protein supplement out there for you. NOW you know what to look for and more importantly, why.